I was motivated to train as a psychotherapist following my own experience of anxiety and depression, and the frustration I felt with the lack of success in overcoming them via conventional methods of therapy.
I grew up in Malta where I gradually became aware of the extent of my own and others’ emotional and psychological wounding, and how deeply this affected our wellbeing and the way we treat ourselves and each other.
In 1974 I moved to London and spent several years in therapy, healing my wounding and training with some of the leading pioneers in Somatic Psychotherapy and Structural Dynamics in Europe & America.
After several years of stress, anxiety, depression, and dependence on high dosages of medication, I turned my life around and helped hundreds of individuals, couples and organisations transform their lives over 40 years of practice.
I have undergone several hundred hours of individual and group therapy myself, and I believe that one’s own personal therapy is an essential component of any serious training course in counselling and psychotherapy.
I studied developmental psychology at the University of Padova in Italy, trained for several years with some of the leading pioneers in somatic psychotherapy & developing human potential in Europe & America, & presented at National and International Conferences in Australia and Europe.
My professional experience includes presenting at seminars organised by the British Holistic Medical Association and the Institute for Cultural Affairs in London, at the Australian Counselling Association’s National Conferences in Brisbane and Melbourne, and at the International Ecopolitics Conference and the Australasian Facilitators Conference at Macquarie University in Sydney.
I have worked with a diverse range of individuals and organizations in the UK and Europe, including American Express, Regina Royal Jelly and Clintons Solicitors and I have been a therapist, facilitator and lecturer at many renowned health institutions.
I help organizations create working environments that are conducive to good performance, and individuals to make positive changes to their professional and personal life.
In Australia I have presented seminars on stress management and communication to executives and leading corporations on behalf of MBF Health Management in Sydney, including Minter Ellison and United Airlines, as well as professional development seminars to the Society of Clinical Masseurs at Swinburne University in Melbourne.
I have also been a visiting lecturer at the Australian School of Therapeutic Massage in Burwood, Victoria, and at the University of Western Sydney.
Core Development emerged as a process of emotional learning and development from my own therapy, life experience, professional training and 40 years practice.
- Diploma in Biodynamic Psychotherapy & Psychology, Gerda Boyesen Institute( UK)(1976-1980) (Course Details )
- Member, Faculty of Physiatrics (London)
- Certificate in Fundamentals of Biosynthesis (London)(1981-85)
- Certificate in Developmental Psychology (University of Padova, Italy)(1972-73)
- Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology and Massage (International Therapy Examination Centre, London)(1978)
- Certificate in the Fundamentals of Structural Consulting (DMA, Fritz Consulting, USA & UK) (1985-87)
- Instructor’s Certificate in Technologies for Creating, Foundation Course (DMA, Fritz Consulting), (London & USA)(1985-87)
- TAFE Certificate in Youth Mentoring(Sydney, 2007)
- Certificate in Child Protection(2012)
- Conflict Resolution
- Self-esteem & Performance
- Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Parent/Child Relationships
- Career Development
- Emotional Development
- Body-Mind Integration
- Integrating feelings and purpose
- Developing your creative potential