What is the connection between Stress, Anxiety and Depression and the political, social and economic problems that we are facing today?
Here is a summary of the main points:
- We live in a sick society and we are not addressing the root cause.
- Our whole system is motivated by fear and consequently the most frightened people are the ones most likely to govern and yield power.
- The door to constructive change will open if we stop trying to convert others to our point of view.
- Any attempt on my part to convince you that I am right is counter-productive and contradicts what I am trying to convey.
- The underlying cause, the underlying and all-embracing dynamic is not climate change but FEAR.
- We do not listen to viewpoints that challenge our beliefs because they trigger our fears.
- Anxiety and depression can be the result of fear and unresolved trauma.They can also be healthy signs that something needs to change.
- My hope is that somatic psychotherapy can enable us to lessen the hold that our fears have on us so we can proceed rationally.
- The psychotherapy that I have faith in is one that respects and validates each individual’s values and opinions, not one that tries to adjust us to society.
We live in a sick society and we are not addressing the root cause.
I believe that, with very few exceptions, we are caught up in an endless war and we are not addressing the root cause.
Donald Marmara created Core Development – a process of change and personal growth developed from his professional training and 35 years’ experience in somatic (body) psychotherapy, counselling and structural dynamics.
Core development adopts a flexible approach, recognising that what works for one person may not work for another.
He can be contacted on 0412 178 234.