THE TASK OF A THERAPIST IS TO START WITH NOT KNOWING
What works for one person does not necessarily work for another.
Our tasks as psychotherapists is first of all to put aside all our knowledge and theories and to listen. To embark on a journey of discovery. To discover what the person we are working with needs.
Then to discover, step by step, how we can use our skills and knowledge to help our clients progress in their therapeutic journey.
To be willing to let go of whatever we may think works or should work but doesn’t.
To encourage whatever increases feelings of safety, acceptance and contact with ourselves and each other.
And most important of all to remember that WE ARE FIRST AND FOREMOST HUMAN BEINGS, then therapist and client. 🙏
This is why I believe that BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT AND INDEED ESSENTIAL part of counselling and psychotherapy training is the therapist’s own personal therapy.
Core Development offers:
- FACE-TO-FACE SESSIONS IN SYDNEY
- ZOOM AND PHONE SESSIONS WORLDWIDE
- Individual Counselling and Psychotherapy Beyond Labels
- Somatic(Body-inclusive) Psychotherapy Beyond Labels
- Counselling and Psychotherapy for Parents and Teenagers (together and separately)
- Couples Counselling
- Biodynamic (Psychotherapeutic) Massage
- Talks and workshops for groups and organisations
+61 412 178 234 email@example.com
Donald Marmara created Core Development – a process of change and personal growth developed from his professional training and 35 years’ experience in somatic (body) psychotherapy, counselling and structural dynamics.
Core development adopts a flexible approach, recognising that what works for one person may not work for another.
He can be contacted on 0412 178 234.